I suspect the OP might be from one of those shops that decided to give
everyone remotely affiliated with IT *ALLOBJ so securing the command may
be futile. Also, to use this command, you need *JOBCTL (read the help). I
suspect this is passed out like candy at a parade. Then the next thing is
to (read the help) and use the exit point associated with PWRDWNSYS,
QIBM_QWC_PWRDWNSYS. You could put a table in a program that says if
you're not one of the chosen to abort the exit point. See also
InfoCenter.

Reading the help on PWRDWNSYS is not a bad idea for all. There are some
things that we never had on AS/400's that we have on i that are deeply
affected by PWRDWNSYS. Granted, a lot of shops don't use these but read
the help anyway.

Just be sure that if you prompt PWRDWNSYS to read the help that you F3
instead of enter to exit. ;-)

Good reminder on that CONFIRM() parameter.