Before doing the conversion I recommend you have a look at the free XCase Diagnostic tool which will give you an analsis of your database and any potential conversion problems <>

I have no affiliation with XCase

Paul Tuohy

Gqcy wrote:
I have been doing some reading, and I am ready to create a procedure for us to convert our database from dds to ddl. (making sure level id's are protected)

some questions:

we are at 6.1. is there a benefit to wait for 7.1?

I know I can add field alias, change column text, and field text.
what else can/should I put in the SQL, without changing the level id?

I will create new SQL indexes prior to re-creating my old logicals.
what else can/should I do to my logicals?

Thanks so much.