Darell,

While I don't disagree with thinking Vision/iTera/Mimix should aid here, truth
is they don't and most likely never will unless you purchase their monitoring
module. Lets face it, the iTera product is not intended to monitor system
storage issues, even if they indirectly caused the problem. All that being
said, I think you have a few options here.........

1) Look at Helpsystems Robot Space product. Robot Space can track real time DASD
growth over time and you can alert yourself when that growth breaches certain
configurable monitoring metrics such as X% of total system DASD over Y time, or
Z amount of storage over Y time. This is actually just a small piece of Robot
Space, as its real value is storage reporting and maintenance tool. You could
keep summary statistics for each library on your system for however long you
want. Go back and compare, extrapolate, trend, or whatever against current disk
consumption reports. My favorite feature is Robot Space's GUI client that works
well with your Windows clipboard. This means you can retrieve statistics and
copy directly into Excel. (Very much appreciated for those Excel analytical
buffs like myself.) Bottom line, much better than QAEZDISK.

2) As an alternative to Robot Space, S4iSystems has something called Disk
Hunter. This product was designed specifically for the purposes of solving your
issue, so it doesn't do all that stuff Robot Space does unless you purchase
additional modules. If you don't want all that other stuff in Robot Space, Disk
Hunter would a great pick that will also save you some money. (I am a fan of
both companies/products, so I will not advocate for one over the other. Each
product has unique intrinsic benefits relative to your issues.)

3) You custom write some applications that do what you need. Basically, you
would need a mechanism to retrieve system statistics every X interval and store
that in a database file indexed by time stamp. Next, have another program that
runs behind the retrieve function for the purposes putting the data collected
through logic that compares current readings against past entries. That same
program would then decide whether or not, and how to alert operations or
whomever.

Good luck!