No presumption necessary....

The object on production will tell you the system created on, ie. DEV,
and the source file and source member date and times. You can easily
check that the object on production matches the object on development.

In fact, by not allowing source or object creation on production,
you've pretty much guaranteed that production matches development.

Lastly, most change management systems will put a version number on
the object and while have the capability to compare production vs.
development to tell you if there's any mismatches.

Display Object Description - Service

Object . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : FV011R
Library . . . . . . . . . . . . . : HLTHPRDPGM
Library ASP device . . . . . . . . . : *SYSBAS
Library ASP group . . . . . . . . . : *SYSBAS

Object control level . . . . . . . . : 00R00016

Object Control level is the version number assigned by our change
management system.

HTH,
Charles