On 15-Jun-2010 08:02, rob@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
After I hosed up one lpar by installing the wrong language I
reinstalled LIC and OS to 2924. Afterward I ran the CHKPRDOPT and
it reported that it did not like having 2924 OS when all the
licensed programs were 2984. And my QMSF jobs ended saying that
5770SS1 option 3 was not installed when DSPSFWRSC shows that it
is.

So, do I restore my OS to 2984, or do I do a RSTLICPGM on all
LPP's to get them to match the OS?

RTFM links accepted.

Depends on what you want. Personally, I would restore all of the LPP and OPTION() for NLV2924 since there is much less value in ever having the NLV2984, since whatever release every NLV [National Language Version] of the OS became QIGC='1'; i.e. since every installed language became DBCS capable. The choice depends mostly on what the data type and CCSID of the /model output files/ and similarly the system files that store /user data/ should be, and how much DBCS /text/ remains on the system which would need to be supported by those output files and system [e.g. QUSRSYS] files that hold user data.

Regards, Chuck