What is the reason code? The reason code is critical. Press F1 on the
message. When I read the message I see:
Message . . . . : Alternative name for file &1 not allowed.
Cause . . . . . : An attempt was made to create, move, or change
database
file &1 with alternative name &3 into library &2. However, the
operation
was not done for reason code &4. The reason codes are:
1 - The alternative name is not a valid database alternative name.
2 - The alternative name is a duplicate of the alternative name for
database file &5 that already exists in library &2.
3 - The alternative name could not be verified as a duplicate of other

file's alternative names in library &2 because of problems with the
system
cross reference files.
4 - Only one alternative name is allowed.
5 - Alternative name &6 was not found.