It looks like this was due to an OS/400 bug. I thought I'd put the latest cume pack on before building the list but then found some PTFs had not applied because one had come up as damaged. I re-downloaded the damaged one, got everything properly applied and problem (2) then went away - it no longer sent the message about needing *BASE.

Upgrade now proceeding.

Thanks

Pete

From: pete.clifford@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Preparing to upgrade from V5R3M0 to V5R4M0 -
Date: Sun, 30 May 2010 08:51:57 +0100

I am getting ready to upgrade our development server from V5R3M0 to V5R4M0. Our test server will then be upgraded from V6R1M0 to V7R1M0 (aka IBM i 6.1, 7.1 etc...)

GO LICPGM, Prepare for Install, Work with licensed programs for target release has produced this list from the disks IBM has sent:

http://www.system-i.co.uk/licpgm.jpg

Problems:

1. 5722999 *BASE is appearing twice in the list, once selected, once not selected.

2. Some installed options are saying they can't be upgraded because 5722SS1 *BASE is not in the list (although it is, as far as I can see), e.g.:

Message ID . . . . . . : CPDA966 Severity . . . . . . . : 10
Message type . . . . . : Diagnostic
Date sent . . . . . . : 30/05/10 Time sent . . . . . . : 08:45:53

Message . . . . : Licensed program 5722SS1 option 9 requires *BASE.
Cause . . . . . : Licensed program 5722SS1 option 9 can be used only on
systems with licensed program 5722SS1 option *BASE.
Recovery . . . : Do one of the following:
-- Type 1 next to licensed program 5722SS1 *BASE to select it and press
Enter.
-- Type a blank next to licensed program 5722SS1 option 9 and press Enter
to remove it from the list.

Can anyone shed any light on what's going on here? Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks

Pete