From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Mike Cunningham
Sent: Sunday, May 16, 2010 7:42 AM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Print from a PC to iSeries output queue

Is it possible to setup a Windows PC so it has a printer that would
print to an iSeries output queue? And then use whatever iSeries
utilities there are to manage that spool file? Might be move it to a
queue attached to a remote laser printer and print it, might be copy the
spool file to a database file and process it with my own application,
might be print it to a local attached printer. Would this be something
IPP printing would handle? If so I think I can figure out the server
side for setup of IPP but what would I need to do on the PC side to
setup a Windows printer that points to the IPP device?