Yes, I believe you can use the iSeries Access AFP Drivers.

Once queued you can move a document around in the queues and restart. I
don't believe they are viewable and I don't believe you can control page
range printing or restarting although I could be wrong.

Not sure these would usable to copy into a database file. You would be
better copying the data from the PC to the iSeries depending on the

Have never used IPP printing but the little I have read makes it look

Apparently you can also share iSeries printers via NetServer as well.

Richard Schoen
RJS Software Systems Inc.
Where Information Meets Innovation
Document Management, Workflow, Report Delivery, Forms and Business
Email: richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Web Site:
Tel: (952) 736-5800
Fax: (952) 736-5801
Toll Free: (888) RJSSOFT

message: 3
date: Sun, 16 May 2010 08:41:52 -0400
from: Mike Cunningham <mike.cunningham@xxxxxxx>
subject: Print from a PC to iSeries output queue

Is it possible to setup a Windows PC so it has a printer that would
print to an iSeries output queue? And then use whatever iSeries
utilities there are to manage that spool file? Might be move it to a
queue attached to a remote laser printer and print it, might be copy the
spool file to a database file and process it with my own application,
might be print it to a local attached printer. Would this be something
IPP printing would handle? If so I think I can figure out the server
side for setup of IPP but what would I need to do on the PC side to
setup a Windows printer that points to the IPP device?