All spooled reports have been deleted from all outqs, but WRKSYSSTS
still shows thousands of jobs

And how do I get rid of THOUSANDS of QUSER QRWTSRVR jobs?

QRWTSRVR jobs in JOBLOG PENDING status. QRWTSRVR jobs persisting after
multiple IPLs

What are the best ways to end the QRWTSRVR jobs?

ANSWER from IBM support: At V5R4 we introduced a new Job Description
parameter Job Log Output.

If it is set to *JOBEND the job will produce a spooled file at job end

just like before. If it is set to *JOBLOGSVR the job will end and the

joblog will be written asynchronously as resources are available.

If it is set to *PND, then joblog information will be saved off but no

joblog will be written. This job will remain in Job log pending status.

Jobs in joblog pending will be cleaned up at the same interval as

spooled joblogs. This is set in GO CLEANUP.

Some of the shipped IBM Job Descriptions have a default setting of *PND.

Can you check the job description QDFTSVR, if it is *PND this explains

why they are pending.

You can see the jobs with pending joblogs in with the command:

WRKJOBLOG JOBLOGSTT(*PENDING) PERIOD((*AVAIL *BEGIN))

You can certainly delete them if you do not need the joblogs, or you can

allow them to be cleaned up by the CLEANUP function.