A - If you're looking under "Databases" I do not think you are going to
find it. That is limited to tables, indexes, views, functions, stored
procedures and more. Stuff like save files, programs and what not is not
going to show.

B - File Systems, Integrated File Systems, QSYS.LIB, YOURLIB.LIB, will
find it. However, any attempt to drag it from there to Windows Explorer
will result in a circle with a slash through it which is the international
symbol for not allowed.

C - I tried building a share over /root. (A practice that is
discouraged.) Then I opened up a second Windows Explorer session to:
\\gdisys\root\qsys.lib\rob.lib where gdisys is my system name and root is
a share name.
Regardless of how small my save file was I kept getting a message that
there wasn't enough space to store it. Trust me, I have a lot more space
than 396K available on my PC.

D - I then ran this
CPY OBJ('/qsys.lib/rob.lib/rob.file') TOOBJ('/rob/rob.savf')
and changed my one windows explorer session to
\\gdisys\root\rob
where rob shows up in WRKLNK as a directory. From there I was able to
drag it to my pc. I verified the file by using ftp from my pc to another
lpar and doing DSPSAVF there.

E - I tried this
ADDLNK OBJ('/qsys.lib/rob.lib') NEWLNK('/rob/mylib') LNKTYPE(*SYMBOLIC)
Then I used Windows Explorer to drill down into
\\gdisys\root\rob\mylib
and still got the silly not enough storage message.

Other than option D, have you looked at FileZilla?