Jerry Adams wrote:
<<SNIP>>

That said, I'll pass it back to my boss to ask them what they mean by "verified." My expectation is that, since they are from a
PC environment, they are used to a "Verify" option such as we use
for our Windows server (Symantec Backup, I think). Or as is used
when creating/verifying CD's. I.e., re-read the media and compare
it to what's on the disk. If I get back anything different, I'll
post it here.

<<SNIP>>

Does the noted "Verify" feature support serial media? I would be surprised if it did.

Whatever is in memory, what was previously requested to be written to the media, is easily compared to what can then be _randomly_ read back from media into other memory. That is not so easily effected when only _serial_ read is available from a [non-virtualized] tape, and definitely would not be as timely when using serial access media versus random access media.

Regards, Chuck