message: 9
date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 12:11:44 -0400
from: "Dennis Lovelady" <iseries@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
subject: RE: CPYTOIMPF with """ instead of " ".

I am creating an import file and the person receiving it wants a null
when the field is blank.
I am truncating all blanks. But I send her " ". The help references a
null,
but does not seem to apply to what I want.

In my experience, NULL fields are passed by not putting anything between
your field delimiters. So if you're using comma as a delimiter the
following would represent a null in field 2: 9856,,1234

This is more common with tabs, I think, but I used commas since that's
something you can "see."

Dennis Lovelady

I sent it according to your example, and they want double quote field
delimiters, CPYTOIMPF seems to force a blank in the double quotes under the
covers, without any parameters that I can see to suppress the blank.

Tom Deskevich