A remote output queue? Im not sure how to configure that. Can you point me
in the right direction?

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Scott Schollenberger
Sent: Wednesday, March 17, 2010 11:32 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: RE: configure Okidata 421N on iseries

The IBM Support Knowledge Base article

http://www-912.ibm.com/s_dir/slkbase.NSF/7c4c0f5a4d52e3c4862569b4005d198
a/4e596d0940ce1af1862569c100790da8?OpenDocument

shows that that printer can only be configured using LPR. It doesn't
support PJL, SNMP or IPP.
So your can't configure it as a device. It can only be set up as a
remote outq.

Scott

Scott Schollenberger
Vice President, Research & Development

P: 610-239-9988 x305
F: 610-239-9995
E: sschollenberger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.harriscomputer.com/
100-2011 Renaissance Blvd.
King of Prussia, PA
19406
http://www.harris-schoolsolutions.com

This message is intended exclusively for the individual or entity to which
it is addressed. This communication may contain information that is
proprietary, privileged or confidential or otherwise legally exempt from
disclosure. If you are not the named addressee, you are not authorized to
read, print, retain, copy or disseminate this message or any part of it. If
immediately by e-mail and delete all copies of the message.