From: "Musselman, Paul" <pmusselman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Midrange Systems Technical Discussion" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 03/15/2010 05:28 PM
Subject: RE: Bleeding edge Was: DDL Record Select

Scott--

Jumping in here if I may...

We recently upgraded the OS on our two machines to v5r4m5 so we could
complete the hardware upgrade to dueling 8204-E8A machines.

We had planned an upgrade to v6r1, but one of our software packages was
not available in a certified v6r1 release. So we're on v5r4m5 for the
time being.

There -are- legitimate reasons not to upgrade the instant (and I
consider 2 years ago an 'instant') a new version of the OS is available.

Will we go to v6r1? Yes. Probably later this year. But, as Bryce
said, we have no urgent need for the features new in v6r1. And the
increased cost if we allow our programmers to continue to use PDM.

Paul E Musselman