William,

I need to automate a call to Microsoft Access using CL. It is just a read
and report Access program. I have been able to do this with Excel. So would
like to do it with Access.

Any help and/or examples would be greatly appreciated.

In Access, if you create a macro called AutoExec, it gets run automatically
when the database is opened. I prefer VBA code blocks over macros, so I
just use the macro to call a function which I also call AutoExec().

But do you just want this report to print, then have the database close
again? In that case create a new macro (eg PrintMyReport) and have it
perform an OpenReport action on the desired report, followed by a
CloseDatabase action. Then to launch it do something like this:

"start [path]MyDatabase.mdb /runtime /nostartup /x PrintMyReport"

This will cause Windows to launch whatever version of Access is installed,
run in startup mode without a splash screen, then invoke the macro named
PrintMyReport. Since the macro prints the report then closes the database,
I think it should just print and exit.

Doug