Hmmm. Bryce. If V7R1M0 doesn't exist I wonder what IBM was referring to on this license key document:

" These license keys must be installed within 70 days of installing IBM i Version 7, Release 1.
Keep this form for future reference. NOTE these keys will expire on
XX/XX/XX. You must order V7R1M0 from your software distribution
center before that date."

Seems like IBM i 7.1 AND V7R1M0 are equivalent in IBM's eyes....

Not that IBM has a V7 of anything in beta at the moment .... :-)

Pete

Bryce Martin wrote:
Just in case you missed the memo Lukas... is 6.1 not V6R1. 7.1 is in beta.... V7R1 doesn't exist. Time to update your IBM Terminology Database :D

On another note, just because a company is not on 6.1 doesn't mean they are ignoring their IT infrastructure. Its all about the value added to each company to make that move. We would love to go to 6.1 but we don't have the time right now and honestly we wouldn't really be gaining a whole lot. We like being current, it is something we are always try to do when we are afforded the opportunity. So making blanket statements like that aren't productive to the argument.

Thanks
Bryce Martin
Programmer/Analyst I
570-546-4777

Lukas Beeler <lukas.beeler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Sent by: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
03/13/2010 10:29 AM
Please respond to

cc

Subject
Re: Bleeding edge Was: DDL Record Select