Greetings,

I have a HP 9050dn printer defined as a LAN printer with device type
*IPDS. Since a paper jam on Sunday evening, the i shows everything
going normally: spool file status advances through PND to WRT to SAV or
FIN. On the printer, the data light flashes and the front panel says
"Processing job". This is completely normal. My teensy weeny little
problem is that the printer does not actually produce a printout.

A couple of years ago, users on the same IBM i reported the same problem
with another HP 9050dn, but the problem was intermittent to the extent
that I was reluctant to believe that it was happening. The current
problem seems to be solid, even after both the i and the printer have
been rebooted.

Just to make the situation interesting, the printer prints normally from
Windows applications.

My customer has, alas, cancelled IBM software maintenance, so the best
course of action is not available to me, and I am coming to this list.

All suggestions welcome.

Cheers,
Terry.