Paul,

Thanks for the PTF reminder. I was just perusing this thread and I think you're the first to mention PTFs!

Remember that the LIC and base O/S that you're 'slipping' will be at whatever level IBM is shipping and will almost certainly be relatively old compared to your PTF levels before you start. You can prove this with WRKPTFGRP immediately following the slip. Of course the PTFs will not take quite as long because the majority of the OS options and all LPPs all still have their PTFs in place but the MOST important things to have PTFed are the LIC and the base O/S.

If you use image catalogs for your PTFs (and you should) this is one reason why you always keep your current PTF 'stack' on the system. After the slip you mount them in a virtual optical drive and GO PTF 8. After that you're upgraded And back to the same PTF level.

- DrFranken

Oh-- don't forget a cumulative PTF set, HIPERS, your favorite Groups,
and -more- importantly, there are specific PTFs for the 5.4.5
upgrade. Check the manual!

--Paul E Musselman
PaulMmn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx