Hohlen, Kent wrote:
We are trying to use the system's security auditing to track when
objects in several production libraries are created, changed or
deleted. We used the CHGSECAUD command to start the journaling.
For the QAUDCTL parameter we used *AUDLVL and *NOQTEMP. For the
QAUDLVL parameter we used *CREATE, *DELETE & *OBJMGT.

<<SNIP>>

3. Is there a way to audit when a Query/400 is changed, created
or deleted? We didn't seem to be able to see any entries for
queries.

<<SNIP>>

The *QRYDFN object type should be audited for the noted actions[, as well as object level auditing]. However do realize that the "create" and "change" of a *QRYDFN does not occur until Enter is pressed with Save=Yes specified on the "Exit this Query" panel after F3=Exit is requested from within the create or change features of WRKQRY; i.e. the "save" operation is a request to "compile" what was specified on the interactive panels into the object type *QRYDFN, whereas merely pressing Enter after the 2=Change [or 1=Create] merely loads a[n undefined] copy of the object into memory.

Regards, Chuck