From: Pete Helgren
There is still an opportunity for an i to play a leading role here. I
know that at least Nathan is banking on it!

Microsoft's videos are funny. They show teachers removing servers from shipping boxes, setting up hardware, and configuring system software - like teachers can afford that much time!

It appears to me that Microsoft never really figured out cloud computing, so technology like Silverlight and Multi-Point servers are their way of moving computing back to distributed servers & desktops.

Set up 5-6 multi-point servers, 30-35 monitors, keyboards, mouses, in a typical classroom? It would be much easier to hand out iPads to each student to carry in their backpacks and take where ever they go. Connect to multi-point wireless gateways distributed strategically around buildings - then up to the "cloud".

-Nathan.