From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Alan Shore
Sent: Thursday, December 03, 2009 3:05 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Cc: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion;
midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: CPF6DF2 error

Thanks for your reply Dan
I agree - this IS complicated (and exasperating, and mind-numbing etc.)
This project has turned out to be a real albatross around my neck The
reason why I "didnt give enough information"
I wasnt too sure what was required and if I started to write what I
thought was required, too many people would have been switching off

I do realize that the PAGRTT doesnt rotate the overlay - only the data
on the page, but you may be onto something about doing something special
to the overlay so that it would be as landscape.
I created the overlay in excel, to fit a legal paper, in landscape
format, then used a procedure to create an overlay from this.
More and more it looks like that procedure may be incorrect for this
type of overlay

Here is the procedure that I use to create an overlay - I deleted the
couple of screen captures so that (hopefully) this e-mail will go
through Add AFP Printer driver to your PC

Go to 'Start', 'Settings', 'Printer and Faxes',
Click 'Add a Printer' (follow the wizard)
Select 'Local printer attached to this computer'
Select 'FILE: (Print to file)' for 'Use the following Port'
Choose 'IBM' and 'IBM Infoprint 20 AFP'
Continue to click 'Next', accepting the defaults until you can
click
'Finish'

Saving .XLS document as an overlay document

Open .xls document
Select 'File', 'Print'
Choose 'IBM Infoprint 20 AFP' from the dropdown
Check box 'Print to File'
Click on 'Properties' to the right of printer name
Select Paper Size
Select Orientation
Select 'Overlay' from the dropdown box under 'Output Type'
Click 'OK' to close '...Advanced Properties...'
Click 'OK' again to accept all changes
Input 'Output file name' (include entire path)

Your file is ready to be imported to the AS400

Alan Shore
Programmer/Analyst, Direct Response
E:AShore@xxxxxxxx
P:(631) 200-5019
C:(631) 880-8640
"If you're going through Hell, keep going" - Winston Churchill

"Dan Kimmel"

<dkimmel@rjssoftw

are.com>
Sent by: "Midrange Systems Technical

midrange-l-bounce Discussion"

s@xxxxxxxxxxxx <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

cc

12/03/2009 02:41
Subject
PM RE: CPF6DF2 error

Please respond to

Midrange Systems

Technical

Discussion

<midrange-l@midra

nge.com>

Alan,

I'm afraid no one responded because it's complicated and you didn't give
enough information about your setup to determine the way to go.

From the information you've given now, we can see you're using HPT to a
remote printer with AFPDS. Congratulations on finding the combination
that gets it rotated at the right resolution.

Now you're going to have to rotate the overlay. The error you're getting
now says the overlay doesn't fit on the page. Your overlay is probably
8.5 x 14 while your page length now is only 8.5 as rotation made the
width the length. You're going to have to scan an overlay at 14 x 8.5.
In other words PAGRTT doesn't rotate the overlay. This is particularly
true with HPT. I think some of the drivers for AFP printers might do it,
but not HPT.

Dan Kimmel