Vern Hamberg wrote:
Reason to do it? It's a simple call when there is not an API to do the task.

I've seen programs (my own!) that call QShell utilities directly develop enormous memory leaks. That's why I abandoned the technique.

And now off to get some Thai food - medium heat only please! Can't even think of trying the Challenging!

Sounds like a Mongolian Barbecue joint I know, where they can't seem to get the concept of "mild" through their heads. Or maybe they define "mild" as "omit the radium." And so about 3/4 of the time, if I eat there, I end up picking a couple of dozen little orange flakes out of the meat, noodles, and onions, and STILL having sore lips for 20 minutes after I finish eating. "The Asian cuisine for the picky" indeed!

--
JHHL