ExtProc('stat') and a timeout

fixed

I am using stat to determine if a folder exists. The folder is located on a
windows server. Command works great when the server is up, but when the
server is down, the command locks up.

Code to check if folder exists...
statstr = '/qntc/11.0.0.15/flr/' + %char(name) + x'00';

xxyy = stat(statstr:mystat);

Is there a some kind of timeout value I can set so that this wont lock the
user screens?