Re: Remote printing through a VPN

fixed

Is the Windows PC behind a NAT gateway? (That's not bypassed by the VPN?)

Are you sure you're using the VPN IP address instead of the "real" IP address of the PC?

What happens if you try the LPR command manually. Same thing, where it just hangs there, or do you get an error message (that might help you know what's wrong)?

jmmckee wrote:
I have set up LPD on Windows and been able to print from the i with
no issues in the past. But, I am having issues now. I don't know if
VPN is a factor. A test spool file is in SND status. I thought the
IP address that I see associated with the display session was the
same addres I would use for the remote output queue.

I have asked and was told that the firewall was not blocking port
515.

Does VPN not allow bidirectional transfer, or is a different IP used
to get back to the remote site?