Thanks for the reply...
It's really great of you to look at this for me.

On 31 Aug 2009 at 7:45, Dan (Dan Kimmel <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>) commented
about RE: Runs fine in Debug mode:

Most of the time when a program runs okay in debug but doen't when not
in debug, the problem is with a called program. Debug lays out the
parameters differently and will protect against some memory corruption.
I'd look here
'* Create Member History - Member Date History *
C CALL 'UUPGXFR'
90 Create Member H
C PARM *BLANK SevenA
C PARM AIAICD SevenN
Member Referenc
C PARM TODAYSDATE2 SevenN2
Date Entered
C PARM TransCode SixA
Transaction Cod
C PARM TransDesc ThirtyA
Description
C Eval *In35 = *On
Age Record Written
and make sure all the parameter lengths line up between this program and
the called program.

Even though that called program was running fine and all the records were being
written I checked the lengths and that they were lined up corrctely . I certainly
don't want to through the debugger off.

Another clue: *In35, if off, skips calling your print subroutine.

This turned out to be the problem. For some reason I couldn't see it.

I don't understand for the life of me why it would run fine in the debugger and not
fine running live.

Thanks a ton for helping me find this problem.

Gary