Scott Klement wrote:
I don't understand what you mean by "allow a port to be specified". You haven't changed the port, have you? You'd need to allow the shutdown utility to specify an IP address (and/or host name) instead of assuming 127.0.0.1

Typo. Of course I meant "allow a specific address to be specified." For some reason, from the beginning of this project, I've been saying "port" when I meant "address," and having to correct such typos (port could be specified from the beginning!). That was simply the first time I failed to catch the typo before it actually went somewhere.

--
JHHL