WTG Trevor!!

Sharon Wintermute

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Trevor Perry
Sent: Wednesday, August 19, 2009 9:59 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: Modernizing applications (was: Explaining single level
store to non ipeople)

Bob,

Your not-so-humble-opinion is rather terrifying, and does not match the
opinions of many IBMers and ex-IBMers. You seem to be alone in this FUD.
While many people have been predicting the demise of the AS/400 for a
long
time, there is still a strong community of iCustomers who will continue
use this platform for many many years to come. On this forum of
i-advocates,
you come and spread fear? Why would you do that?

And, does this mean that all along, you have been pushing EGL so people
can
leave the platform? If you are not at IBM any more, then there does not
seem
to be as much anti-i rhetoric inside IBM, so maybe there is a future for
IBM
i now that the koolaid is no longer being drunk? If there is no one from
IBM
to tell us RPG is dead any more, maybe it has a glorious future!

Me and many of my peers are working with RPG applications, web enabling
them, service enabling them, and modernizing them. Your view is
obviously
very narrow and does not reflect the real world.

I remain positive about the future of IBM i, and will remain a voice
against
the noise you continue to make.

Trevor