When you create a guested partition using 6.1 on Power 6 hardware you may
start out with just one storage space for the guest. And if that one
fills up you can add another. And then they will appear on the guest in
WRKDSKSTS. Kind of cute to have odd size disk drives here - plays with
the CE's mind. Well, I found out, using IBM Director that if the first
one is over 90% used that it likes to alert people. Well, I wasn't
thinking WRKDSKSTS - I was thinking WRKSYSSTS. After running WRKDSKSTS
and noticing that I started thinking "I wonder if I can run STRASPBAL on
these virtual disks?". What the heck - it was a test lpar anyway. So I
fired it off and it ran and balanced it out.

Don't see where I might get any performance difference, but at least IBM
Director should stop complaining.

Further details:
Hosting partition has seventeen 140GB disk drives.
Guested partition has two storage spaces: 233GB and 93GB.

WRKDSKSTS:
Size % %
Unit Type (M) Used Busy
1 6B22 233020 66.9 12
2 6B22 93212 90.9 10

STRASPBAL TYPE(*CAPACITY) ASP(1) TIMLMT(240)
Size % %
Unit Type (M) Used Busy
1 6B22 233020 73.8 2
2 6B22 93212 74.2 1