rick baird wrote:
... I really wasn't looking
for a solution, just wanted to get your reactions.

.... but it doesn't explain why it only happens
sometimes and not every time.

IMO it seems worth investigating either for an existing fix so as to no longer be impacted, or for reporting the error in order to possibly achieve the same. If not the latter [for whatever reason to ignore an apparent defect; e.g. no time, little interest, etc.], then at least to sufficiently describe the problem in order that the description could:
1) be searched and found by someone as possible match to a difficulty they have encountered
2) be inferred as a match to their problem, or eliminated as a likely match to their problem

The biggest issue with this thread, is in enabling both of those, for the lack of the *message identifier* ever having been recorded in any of the posts. Using only the English [or other translated language] /words/ to describe a problem is [commentary omitted]. Well... I will just say that message identifiers exist, specifically in order to be able to identify a condition without regard to the language or language environment of a user.

To additionally comment on the difference or similarity between the results, for accessing the same object list via both of the LIB and OBJ invocations of WRKxxxPDM would probably be worthwhile as well. Especially if for example, doing that revealed that using WRKOBJPDM versus WRKLIBPDM would suffice to circumvent the problem.

Regards, Chuck