Rick,

If the library or file was actually saved with storage freed, you would get
that kind of message. The name of the object exists on the system, but, if
I am remembering correctly, the object has no substance.

I tested prior to save - wrklibpdm jim_temp. I can see the library in PDM
and option 12 takes me to objects in the library.

I tested after a save of jim_temp STG(*FREE). wrklibpdm jim_temp. I see the
library and 12 takes me to the objects in the library. I try to do any
function with the objects, like 5 or 8 to display information and I get a
message saying that the object was saves with STG(*FREE). Source files show
the members at the next level, but the members have no records, and I get
the message.

If those libraries were save with the option STG(*FREE) then even Rob's
suggetion of WDSc will give you an error.

From help of the SAVLIB command Storage parm:

Storage (STG) - Help

Specifies whether the system storage that is occupied by the data portion of
the specified members (except for save files), modules, programs, service
programs, Structured Query Language (SQL) packages, and journal receivers in
the library being saved is freed as part of the save operation. Only the
data portion of the objects is freed, not the descriptions of the objects.

*KEEP
The storage occupied by the data portion of the objects being saved is not
freed.

*FREE
The storage occupied by the data portion of the specified objects being
saved is freed as part of the save operation. The storage for all the
objects in a library is freed only after all the objects in that library are
saved successfully.

Note: To prevent the possible abnormal end of a program, the program being
saved must not be running in the system when *FREE is specified.