Because in batch you don't have data types - you have numeric literals - and the system says that they are 15,5 - write a command to front end it with the data types you want to use.

For more info, go to the CL Programming manual and look for "literals"

HTH
Vern

RWMunday wrote:
Greetings from sunny Florida.

I have been testing an application which uses an RPG selection screen to
select one or a number of reports and passes in a from date, to date and
another numeric selection field (numeric single value or zero for `ALL`).
Each selection calls a CL and passes the parms. The CLs are written to
self-submit to batch but in testing them, I ran them inline. All worked
well. Then I activated the submit job elements in the CL and I got data
decimal errors. My numeric fields were described in the joblog as packed
and were one digit off, so a date of 20090615 became 02009061. The CL parms
are described as numeric (8, 0) for the dates for example. In the RPG
program, the parm fields are in procedure calls and are described as
unsigned numeric. I had problems years ago with signed numeric parms and do
not use them.

I ran into this problem with fifteen minutes left in the day so I haven't
done much additional testing. Why would my CLs work inline but not in
batch? I would prefer not to pass character parms as that is just more
conversion which must be done.

How can I insure that my numeric values pass into the CL correctly and
submit to batch correctly?

Thanks,

Robert Munday

Munday Software Consultants