From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of CRPence
Sent: Wednesday, June 10, 2009 11:13 AM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Expanded Command Line

Jerry Adams wrote:
In PDM one can press F10 to get a four-line command entry with an
option (F11) for a full screen command line entry. It is labeled
"System/36 Command Entry" so maybe it is only available on System
i's using the 36 environment, which we do.

I would like to add this to a couple of my own menus, or to be
able to run it manually. I have tried to find out what command
invokes this function, but I have not been able to do so. Does
any one know what command or program does this?

I do not have an answer to the question [presumably some feature
of UIM, rather than a /command/], but have you tried typing an
asterisk in the first byte of the command line and then pressing
Enter to get an expanded command line [while in S36E] in your own
menus? IIRC the * character acts like a /command/ requesting to
expand the command entry for the next request. The CALL QCMD noted
by Mark requires F12 or F3 to return to the PDM menu for further
activity at that whichever PDM menu was active.

Regards, Chuck