1 - Get a HMC and save the trip into town. Remote consoles rock!

2 - If the backup should be done by 04:00, have a PC ping the i beginning
at that time. If the ping fails, have it send your cell phone a shrill
email. I get both work email on my blackberry and direct email. Work
email (Notes) won't make a noise or vibrate. I don't want to get woken up
at 3 in the morning because of list email or other stuff. Direct to the
blackberry email has tones that wake the dead.

3 - Find out what libraries were not saved, or were partially saved.
Partially saved (on a dedicated system) to us is almost always some
objects not saved because they were damaged. I delete these damaged
objects. If you find out that you are getting them regularly (like we do)
then we always save that library off to a save file in qtemp prior to the
backup. Just to find the damaged objects and delete them. *MGTCOL's in
QMGTC2 often get damaged. I've a multi year, multi OS version pmr open on
those pesky things.

4 - RTH.
*NOTIFY
When messages arrive at the QSYSOPR message queue, only a
severity 99 message associated with the backup or restore
operation will interrupt the operation. The message

Waiting for reply on message queue QSYSOPR

will be displayed on the system console. You will be notified
by the message-waiting light.

A risky thing, and I must insist you try to find out why you continue to
get the CPF3777 first and deal with it on a granular basis, is to instead
write your own save entire system. Then you can do this on your SAVLIB
*NONSYS. Put a MONMSG CPF3777 on it and have it log, etc, the issue but
continue on it's merry way.

So, *NOTIFY will help your backup ignore stuff like "comm line failed"
from interrupting QSYSOPR and thwarting your backup. But it won't stop
messages from directly associated with the backup from doing the same.

Another risky thing is to find out exactly which message the backup halted
on. For example, you may get the CPF3777 but it may halt on some other
message like this one received last night due to damaged objects:
CPA0701 - CPF3751 received by BACKUP at 28500. (C D I R)
Then you can add a reply list entry for CPA0701 and only activate that
during your save entire system. Questions on that?