Charlie Prothero wrote:

Upgrading from 5.4.0 to 6.1.0

Product Opt Desc
5722SS1 6 System/38 Environment
5722DB1 *BASE AS/400 System/38 Utilities

These are two products currently installed on 5.4.0

The distribution CD's for 6.1.0 do not have the
replacement products for these.

Does anyone know of a way I can tell if either
one of these products have been used on my current
release of 5.4.0? For example you can do WRKOBJ,
option 8 and it tells you the last time an object
was used and how many days it has been used. Is there
a similar thing for a program product?

I believe the premise for asking has been diluted by the response from Rob [i.e. those product options do not go away], however the "usage" question can be addressed in at least two ways other than DSPOBJD [which is likely still functional in the same manner as those noted below, by product library\libraries].

One method is to make a backup copy of each LPP using SAVLICPGM and then DLTLICPGM; i.e. if anyone needs them, they will be missing, so presumably they will complain when the features are gone.

Another method is to use CHGAUD or CHGOBJAUD of the objects [e.g. *CMD & possibly also *PGM] in the LPP libraries [IIRC, see WRKLICINF &\or DSPLICPGM information to list the library names] to record for *ALL usages, then review the object usage logged in auditing for any objects in those libraries before each future purge of the logged auditing details. Perform the previously described steps after sufficient lack of utilization suggests those actions [sav & dlt] are appropriate.

Although /last used/ information is not tracked for some object types in QSYS [e.g. *PGM], I believe LPP objects are tracked for usage. Thus the product libraries can be listed using DSPOBJD and the /last used/ details reviewed, similar to what might be done for any user objects.

Regards, Chuck