rob@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
First, do a WRKF QAOKP*. Do any of the physicals (hence the P)
have a number at the end like QAOKP05A01 or have the words "Old
name" in their description? Repeat for QAOKL*.

When you do a DSPFD qaokl03a do you see something like: <<SNIP>>

Both the based-on physical file & based-on physical file member [names and text] should be verified. The same [national language specific] "Old name " text revision is used for both *FILE & *MEM objects, when a RSTxxx ALWOBJDIF(*ALL) is performed and the file or member is renamed due to the file level identifier or member level identifier [for the object on the system] not matching the identifier for the corresponding object on the media. I have this strange feeling that, although originally designed to protect only physical data, I changed the [rename on level mismatch] processing to affect logical files & members as well; i.e. for LFM-to-PFM relations, to increase their chances of new-to-new & old-to-old relationships resulting, versus ending up with old-to-new. So even if the list of the logical file and member names and their text are correct [i.e. none renamed], the underlying data may be retrieved from an incorrect member [i.e. from a renamed PF *or* renamed PFM]. The DSPFD *MBR of the LF shows the based-on file & members, and DSPFD *MBRLIST of the PF shows the names & text of all the physical members.

Regards, Chuck