David Gibbs wrote:
bvining wrote:
QSYS2 is in option 1 of the OS, which in theory can be deleted.
CDRGRDC is available in QSYS -- but it's name is QTQGRDC per http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v5r4/topic/apis/nls4.htm.

Thanks all! This answers my questions.

I have a customer who's encountering an error when a program is
trying to invoke CDRGRDC ... I suspect they don't have 5722SS1
option 1 installed (but we're going to verify this).

Sounds like using QTQGRDC would be the best course of action.

I think Bruce meant to say "can *not* be deleted". OPTION(01) is, despite the word /option/, *not* an optional feature. Like QUSRSYS and QGPL, there is no ability to omit from an install. The option can only be installed, never deleted. Thus for objects to be removed from the option by IBM, the option install exit programs must actually delete those [obsolete] objects as part of the install.

So they almost surely have OPTION(01) installed, even if it might not be installed completely or correctly. CHKPRDOPT against the option and DSPLICPGM [or option ?? from GO LICPGM] might show the installation in *ERROR or *DOWNLEVEL], even if prior to the check, the status is valid. In any case, I find it very unlikely that any installation errors would leave the *PGM missing. If the *PGM object went missing, it was almost surely by a DLTPGM request... which auditing might be able to track down -- which is worthwhile to assist to prevent it from happening again.

Regards, Chuck