Adam West wrote:
Thanks Joe, So with respect to point #5. My users on the PC shipping application would need a PC program to take their data and by being mapped to the IFS, it would transfer their data directly like that?

From: Joe Pluta <joepluta@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
5. Users on other machines can "map" drives or folders to your IFS. That is, you can create a folder on the IFS, and then other machines in your network can link to that folder and then access files on the folder as if that file were on their machine locally. No FTP required.

Adam, I'm not 100% sure what you're saying, but if you share a folder on your IFS, you can map a drive on your PC to that folder and if your PC applications write to that drive, they are actually writing to the IFS.

What are you trying to do here? It sounds like you have a shipping application on the PC, and it also sounds like you want to get information from this application to the i. Are you doing this today? Does it involve sending files from the PC to the i using FTP? If so, a mapped drive can remove the use of FTP: you can just copy the file from the application to the mapped drive, and that will transfer it to the IFS folder on the i.

But if you are very specific about what you're trying to accomplish and I think we can help more.

Joe