Richard / Gary,

I can remember the Cozzi - Conte wars over whose editor was better back
in the mid-nineties :-)

In my view, there was no contest. Flex/Edit (and the CodeWright engine)
beat hands down.

Conte sold it to Aldon I believe. Not sure where it is today.

They ended up retiring the product. They never figured out how to do a
sockets program to exchange library members, and it pretty much killed the
product. Aldon completely redid its paradigm for selecting members to edit,
and I always disliked the new design. That was before they even tried to
get sockets working. So while waiting for them, I did my own FTP-based
extension based loosely on Paul's user interface. It worked very well,
except that FTP of source members drops the statement change dates.

At the time Paul sold it to them CodeWright was only at version 4.x, and
version 5.x is when CodeWright introduced several new macro options
including simple scripts of API calls, Perl, and AppBasic. (Up to 4.x you
had to do extensions in C). I can't remember if Aldon every released a
version which integrated past CodeWright 4.x -- if they did it wasn't until
long after 5.x was released. I know because I decided not to wait for them
and started licensing CodeWright itself then merging the FlexEdit extensions
in. I continued to do that until CodeWright 6.5a

It's sad, because it was a great product which had so much potential.

Doug