I'm not sure if this is a Domino topic or a general OS/400 (V5R3)
question. I have a developer that writes a file from Domino the IFS. When
I navigate via a terminal session to the directory and choose option 5 to
view it, the file is formatted correctly. When I hit F10 to display HEX
and navigate to the end of the record I see x'25' at the end of each
record (Line Feed). When I use the CPY command to put this file out on a
Windows share, I specify the following :

CPY OBJ('/From path/filename.txt') TODIR('/to path') TOCCSID(*PCASCII)
DTAFMT(*TEXT)

When I look at the file on the PC (notepad), I see the file is converted
but the lines wrap. I bring the file in DEBUG and see that only x'0A'
(Line Feed) is in the file. I think that I need to have x'0D' (CR) also.
Is there a way with CPY that will format the file as such?

Also, another quick IFS question that I think I know the answer but just
checking. The file that I am copying is owned by the QNOTES ID. I set
the folder rights to have a NotesADM group to have *RWX and *ALL object
level. I then put the user that is issuing the CPY in the NotesADM group
but I've been getting security errors. Question : is group membership
used in the IFS at V5R3? If not, is it supported at V5R4 or V6R1?

Michael Smith
Technical Support and Data Center Manager
Farm Family Insurance cos.
E : Michael_Smith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx