All,

I'm preparing for V6R1 installation. One of the prep things to do is to
install V6R1 System I Access _before_ installing V6R1 of the OS. I use the
direct attach Ops Console and had the same requirement before installing
V5R4. No big deal. I installed V6R1 System I Access on my PC a week ago
and am ready to put in the latest service pack.

The following was in the downloads.txt file with the service pack:

<file snippet>

Removing the service pack
-------------------------

Due to significant changes made to the System i Access for Windows V6R1M0
install support in service pack SI31390, the SI32504_xx.EXE download cannot
be
removed from the PC once it has been installed. Future V6R1M0 service packs
are
planned to be released with the same restriction.

On systems with Windows XP SP2 and later the service pack will be displayed
in
the Add or Remove Programs panel (Programs and Features on Windows Vista)
but
will not include an option to remove.

In order to revert this service pack, you must uninstall System i Access for
Windows and re-install it using an image that is at an older service level,
such as the image available on the System i Access for Windows V6R1M0 DVD.

</file snippet>

Note the statement "the SI32504_xx.EXE download cannot be removed from the
PC once it has been installed".

This means 1 of 2 things. Either:

1) The downloaded install file, SI32504_xx.EXE, must remain on the PC even
after that service pack has been installed (a really bizarre requirement
that I don't ever recall seeing for any other software), or

2) System I Access service packs, once installed, cannot be uninstalled.

It seems to me, based on the last 2 paragraphs of the snippet, that it's #2.
But the sentence in the first paragraph explicitly says "the SI32504_xx.EXE
download cannot be removed from the PC once it has been installed". If it
is #2, why doesn't the sentence just read "the service pack cannot be
removed from the PC once it has been installed". That would be a lot
clearer.

Am I correct that it's #2? Am I just being anal-retentive (and stupid) for
even asking?