Rob Dixon wrote:

Are you using Vista? I find that Vista locks up for no obvious reason quite
frequently and you just have to wait and wait and wait.

Rob:

No, I've avoided Vista successfully so far. Using XP as an office standard and Win2K otherwise.

The networking freeze issue that I see can be demonstrated easily when I have a drive mapped to an IFS directory. I don't mind that IFS-mapped-drives are significantly slower; what I mind is that the slowdown (the freeze) happens merely by passing my mouse pointer over such a drive when dragging.

If I actually dropped the object there, I wouldn't be irritated. But I want to drop it on a drive above it or below it in the Explorer tree. I shouldn't see a freeze just because I 'accidentally' brushed a pixel in the wrong name.

Regardless, I'm slowly working my way to Linux anyway.

Tom Liotta