Paul,

I don't know that I would call it a security feature, I suspect it's more of an implementation detail. Some of the exit points on the system (for instance http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v5r4/topic/apis/XREPLY.htm) do provide the following documentation as a usage note:

System debug breakpoints in reply handling exit programs will be ignored while processing the reply handling exit point. When sending a reply and a reply handling exit program is called, message CPF195A (Breakpoint already run when notification received) will be generated for any breakpoints set in the exit program.

I would suggest you provide Information Center feedback on the security exit so that they can add text such as I reference above. I doubt (but one never knows for sure...) that they will change the implementation.

Bruce

Paul Jackson <paulgjackson@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,

I am trying to debug a program that I have attached to the
QIBM_QSY_CHK_PASSWRD exit point but cannot get the program to enter
the source view so that I can step through, display variables etc.
Instead I get the informational message CPF195A - Breakpoint already
run when notification received:

Message . . . . : Breakpoint already run when notification received.
Cause . . . . . : The breakpoint at statement 00001006 in procedure *N of
module in program QSYUP was already processed when the machine notification
was received. The program call stack entry for the breakpoint may no longer
exist.
Technical description . . . . . . . . : The process was probably masked for
events when the breakpoint instruction was run. You cannot set breakpoints
to stop the program at a statement while the process is masked for events.

followed by the Password changed successfully message.

I'm wondering if this exit point has some security feature employed
that blocks debugging of the exit program?

Thanks for any suggestions!
-Paul