Cassidy, Alan wrote:

What I REALLY WANT to do is to use a command to make a complete
duplicate of the file to the IFS, as is, as a .TXT file, as if it were
one flat record. Blank-fill is acceptable for the numerics, but
RIGHT-adjusted is expected.

Alan:

It depends on how simple you want the process to be.

With CPYTOSTMF, you could probably get the process down to something like:

1. DSPFD to *OUTFILE
2. RCVF to get record size
3. CRTPF RCDLEN(recordsize) in QTEMP
4. CPYF FMTOPT(*NOCHK) from your file into the QTEMP file
5. CPYTOSTMF from the QTEMP record-image file

Or, if you like old stuff:

1. CPYTOPCD to copy your file member into a "PC document"
2. CPY out of /QDLS into your target streamfile

(Not sure how long CPYTOPCD will be around, but it does still work in V6R1.)

Otherwise, you might open it as a program-described file in RPG in order to read each record as a single field and write each line to your target streamfile.

Tom Liotta