Tom

Very nice - albeit glaring and garish!! Now all we need is a blinking banner scrolling across the message line!!!

Sorry - learning more about what to avoid with Javascript! And it's nice to learn more about UIM - if only we had a UDA!!!

Vern

From: Tom Liotta <qsrvbas@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

vhamberg wrote:

There are some things you can't do with UIM menus that you can with DDS ones,
but not many. Wean one's self from pretty colors and all that - heh!

Vern:

Minor note and primarily only for trivia value...

There's no need to give up colors. UIM allows the "symbol" called [
&msg(msgid,msgf,lib) ]. You can have 1st-level message text that
consists of a hex-value corresponding to a display attribute such as
'Normal'=x'20' or 'RI Green'=x'21' and insert the &msg() "symbols"
almost anywhere in UIM text.

A glaring and garish example:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/85973983@N00/2843808055/

I put that together many years ago to show numerous examples of what
/could/ be done (rather than what should be done.) I've added little
bits at irregular times just to have my own example source for
whenever I need to remember some detail such as how to define a
menu-bar.

There're a few minor other things on the next page if you could
scroll, but the example is probably more than anyone wants already.

Tom Liotta

--
Tom Liotta
The PowerTech Group, Inc.