That CALL was not in the source when that save feature was originally created. From the &COMMAND variable setting [to set QSRSAV21 data?] and the program name called, it would appear to be a request that performs some iASP save activity. Apparently there might be something beyond what the SAVSYS and SAVLIB *NONSYS would effect on a system with iASPs.

Is the called program a CLP [with the noted 430 stmts] which is source-retrieve capable, or a non-CLP API[-like program]? I did not find any reference to that program name on the web. I do not have access to a system to review the source even if it is a CLP w/ ALWRTVSRC.

I recall V5R2 was somewhat unique in that the Independent ASP setup had the controlling jobs in the QSYSWRK subsystem, as compared to V5R3 where they were since, more appropriately, system jobs. There may be something that I am unaware of that was specific to the V5R2 save-21 feature, which required some extra processing; if so, probably due to the restricted-state save used for save-21. However if the V5R2 system has no entries presented for WRKDEVD *ASP, if that CALL is missing from a custom save process, I would not expect its omission to be in any way relevant to any problems for an ability to restore\migrate the data to a target system.

Regards, Chuck

John McKee wrote:
<<SNIP>> I think I have a
partial answer after looking at the source you listed.

Specifically, there is one additional step following the SAV command.
I am curious as to what the following does:

SAVIASPS:
QSYS/CHGVAR VAR(&COMMAND) VALUE('SAVIASPS ')
QSYS/CHGVAR VAR(&NXTCMD) VALUE('NOMORE ')
CALL PGM(QSYS/QSRSAVIA) PARM(&DFT '*NONSYS' &CANCEL &DEV1 &DEV2 -
&DEV3 &DEV4)

A CL program is called, it has 430 statements. This may be the
mystery meta data from what I can get from just doing a quick glance.