I don't believe so, but I'm not certain of that. Pretty sure that
option just makes CS reporting available (via GO PERFORM opt #3) for a
current day's collection.

Personally, I leave the "Create database files..." option enabled. I
also run the MC realtime performance monitors, and have found them to be
a pretty decent offering.

Steve

message: 1
date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 13:48:25 -0400
from: rob@xxxxxxxxx
subject: RE: MGTCOL size

Bingo! That's it.
Now, because of what someone mentioned earlier, do I need the "Create
database files during collection" turned on for the graphing to work in
the Management Central monitors?

Group Dekko Services, LLC
Dept 01.073
Dock 108
6928N 400E
Kendallville, IN 46755
http://www.dekko.com

"Rhody, Steve" <srhody@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
08/26/2008 12:20 PM
Please respond to

<midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
RE: MGTCOL size

CS collections can also be tailored via iNav.

Go to Configuration and Service, then right click on Collection Services
and select Properties. The 'Data to Collect' tab is where you can
either select from 4 predefined levels of collection, or go the Custom
route and choose the metrics in which you're most interested.

We also do the standard 15-minute collection interval, with 24-hour
cycle and 7-day retention. Eats a fair amount of disk space, but having
the data readily at hand comes in very handy if performance ever takes a
sudden turn for the worse.

Steve

------------------------------

message: 7
date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 10:22:47 -0500
from: smorrison@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
subject: Re: MGTCOL size

Rob,

The way I know how to do this is (gasp) green screen.
Go Perform
2 - Collect performance data
2 - Configure performance collection

Ours is set to collect data every 15 minutes, cycle the collection every

24 hours, and save the data for 7 days.

Steve

Steven Morrison
Fidelity Express

rob@xxxxxxxxx
08/26/2008 09:39 AM
Please respond to

midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
MGTCOL size

Management Central is collecting performance data into QMPGDATA as
*MGTCOL

objects. Are there settings to control the size? Like, not collect
this
or that, or, performance interval?

Object
Object Type SIZE DATE