using IVM to create the IBM i partition I set the desired processor
config to "dedicated". Is that OK? VIOS and possibly AIX runs on one
core and i5/OS on the other?

Natchev section 5.3 .... the mktcpip I used was :
mktcpip -hostname vjs12 -inetaddr 192.168.1.22 -interface en0 -gateway
192.168.1.1 -start

If your config change to the AMM or VIOS does not seem to take, try
restarting the system. In Natchev 5.7, my browser connect to the IVM
at the ip addr specified in Natchev 5.3 did not work. After cutting
power to the BCS and restarting, it did work. There is a shutdown -Fr
AIX command that works to restart the JS12 blade. Not sure what
command to use to shutdown and restart the AMM or entire BCS.

Here is a question .... My browser connection to the IVM was lost 10
minutes after activating the i5/OS partition. I was refreshing to see
the SRC code change. The last one was C600 4016. 12 hours into the
install and I still dont have an IVM browser connection. Is that to
be expected?

Configing the LAN console in Natchev 5.11 was confusing. The host name
and ip address I guessed to be the mktcpip values for VIOS from
Natchev 5.3.

At some point I declined to config a secure connection between my PC
and the BCS. That was a mistake because LAN console keeps on
complaining every 15 minutes that "the connection to the system is not
a secure connection"

I am glad I did not give up on the install after losing the IVM, a LAN
console connection that switched between two different "pending"
statuses, and no blinking light sign of life from the BCS. Let it run
over night and came in to see the LAN console logon for user 11111111,
pwd 11111111.

During the LIC install I was prompted to specify the load source
device. Without an IVM I could not tell which of the 3 drives listed
was the drive inside the blade. The guess came down to chosing the
first drive listed or the one which was ctl 1. The others were ctl 2
and ctl 3. I chose, probably incorrectly, the first drive listed.
All the drive activity after this was on the first drive in the drive
module.

on "install device type selection" prompt I select 2. optical.

"Disk Config Attention Report" - the install is telling me there is a
problem because "the current configuration indicates a single unit
system" Is this an actual mistake? Pressing Enter to continue ...

blow by blow notes here .... LAN console thinks nothing of closing
your green screen console window even when you are typing a reply to
an install prompt. VIOS has no respect for IBM i! Has happened twice
so far. Just wait a few minutes and the green screen console window
reappears. Just did it a 3rd time while reviewing my disk statuses
within DST.

DST signon. default is user QSECOFR pwd QSECOFR.

At the DST signon I want to add the other 2 of my drives to ASP 1.
Problem is when I 2.work w/disk config, 2. add units to ASP, 3.add
units to existing ASP I get the problem report "... these non
configured units appear to be configured units of some other disk
config and may contain valid data" What to do? I am leaving them out
so I can complete the install.

Lost my console window again at the prompt for the next DVD. waiting,
waiting ....

Got my IVM browser connection back. Still no LAN console green
screen. IVM says the i5/OS partition has an error - B600 0414 -
install of OS failed on read from media. The 2nd DVD is labeled "v6
i5/os B2924-01". The 1st DVD was "I_BASE_01". The 2nd DVD can be
read by my PC. Contains folders Q5716SS1, Q5761999, ...

what to do ??

thanks,