From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx on behalf of CRPence
Sent: Thu 7/31/2008 10:50 PM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Oh No... How do I run commands in S36 environment?

I infer the point in using QCAPCMD is because QCMDEXC does not
support a S/36 OCL and procedure invocation directly? If so, since
STRS36PRC is already noted, would using QCMDEXC be an alternate option?
Since the QCAPCMD doc suggests Limited Capability testing is a feature
above and beyond what QCMDEXC provides, it seems appropriate to infer
QCMDEXC does not honor that feature.?

I am curious... What about a *DSPF menu [same as "SDA menu"?] would
resolve the issue for a dynamic command list?

Regards, Chuck

Dan Riehl wrote:

I have always been thankfully ignorant of the S36 Env. But now I need
to know something.... Beans!

I am trying to write a simple subfile pgm where each list item is a
CL command, an S36 command or a STRS36PRC command.

A *S36 env user will run a CL command(ALWLMTCPB(*YES) to get to the
subfile pgm.... And select a list item and the command will be
executed. It's just a menu type program, where the user selects an
item, and the associated command is executed.

In this case each user is LMTCPB(*YES).

I was planning on running the CL commands and S36 commands with
QCAPCMD... It seems that if I select option 3 of QCAPCMD, it will run
both CL and S36 commands, But... and here's the rub... it applies
the LMTCBP restriction, so the limited commands will not run.

The commands are things like GO QUERY, or WRKQRY, or FLIB MYLIB, or
MENU SYSTEM...

The only method I can get to work is to create a real SDA menu....
Which I have not discounted entirely, but is not my first choice.

I'd like to just call a command execution pgm like QCMDEXC or
QCAPCMD....

Anyone have any ideas..? I know it's off the beaten path.....