From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Booth Martin
Sent: Wednesday, July 30, 2008 2:38 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: Multiple Monitors

ha ha... You need to shop for new monitors, Doug. Or a new video card.

Doug Palme wrote:
1920x1200 Geesh what is your vision 20/05? Hell I am lucky to see and
at 800x600.

From: "Douglas Handy" <dhandy@xxxxxxxxx>

To: "Midrange Systems Technical Discussion"
Date: 07/30/2008 12:48 PM

Hmm... you may have just intrigued me to try a 24" monitor. Now I just
> to justify it to the boss :-)

I picked up a 24" monitor for only $249 on a Black Friday sale last
and have it running in 1920 x 1200. Then I have next to it a 20" in
landscape mode, running 1200x1600. As John notes, portrait mode is
very good for documents, PDFs, and code windows. You can get a lot of
height in 1600 pixels vertical.

I've been using multiple monitors for about a decade, and can't hate
have to work off a single monitor such as my laptop even though it also
1920x1200 so can pack a lot on the screen.

On the KVM note, for those that have a desktop machine AND a laptop
> right next to one another, there is a cool utility called Synergy

Another option is MaxiVista ( http://www.maxivista.com ) which can not
do the software based KVM like Synergy, but you can use the display(s)
the other PC as if additional monitors on the host computer.

and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure,
distribution, or use of the information contained herein (including any
reliance thereon) is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you received this
the material in its entirety, whether in electronic or hard copy
Thank you.